Friday, January 2, 2009

When the Faith is above Logic, are we fanatics?

Faith in God is questionable, but for some it is not. If somebody asks me why do I believe in Christ, I should answer him/her based on what I have learned in my religion.
The Roman Catholic church teaches me a lot about Christ. But someone with a certain mindset will not agree with my answer and would ask me, what I personnaly think about Christ and why do I believe in Him? Well, he/she is logically making sense in his/her point...
Every Christians have their specific understanding on their Faith. They come from their churches, families, friends, individuals and other from sources. Islam too believe in the existence of Jesus, but they do not believe Him as a Christ. And also some non-Christian organisations includes Jesus in their ritual, but give Him a different status.
My faith in God tagged along with the teachings and traditions of Roman Catholic Church. I do not interpret my own Christ. I have an interest in the Darwin's theory, but I believe in the truth of creation in Genesis. I have statues of Jesus and saints in my home, but I do not do idol worship. I believe in Trinity, but I do not understand how Trinity is One God and I accept it.
So. Am I a fanatic? It is up to you to judge but your judgement is not important at all. My faith is above logic

2 comments:

Adam Pastor said...

Greetings Anbuchudar

You state:
" I believe in Trinity, but I do not understand how Trinity is One God and I accept it."

Well there is an alternative.
You see, Jesus never ever taught that the ONE GOD is a Trinity; and neither did any of his disciples!

Rather, Jesus Christ our Lord,
identified His Father
as the ONLY TRUE GOD!

[John 17.3]
Paul & the early church followed their Master in this regard, by proclaiming:
(1 Cor 8:4) ... that there is none other God but one.
(1 Cor 8:6) But to us there is but one God, the Father, ...

Therefore, Anbuchudar,
On the subject of the Trinity,
I recommend this video:
The Human Jesus

Take a couple of hours to watch it; and prayerfully it will aid you to reconsider "The Trinity"

Yours In Messiah
Adam Pastor

mark said...

Adam is clearly wrong from the Scripture point of View, Jesus did claim to be God in the Scriptures even Paul attributed Jesus to God in his Letters. The Trinity is all over the Old Testament, many passages. y

The best site i would recommend is CARM http://www.carm.org/christian-doctrine

God Bless

Mark Antoni
TMC KL Brickfields